Vic Market

Yesterday I did my grocery shopping at the Vic Market - a little naughty of me, I know, because the Vic Market is just over an hour away from where I live. I was already in Melbourne for some serious op-shopping, and to pick up an eBay purchase, so I stopped by.


I simply love it there - so many stalls and so much fresh produce. I brought my own vegetable bags, and bought up big. All up I only spent around $15, but that included enough fruit and veggies for nearly two weeks.

Of course, not all fresh produce will last two weeks in the fridge - that's why I came home and made up a few meals to freeze until next week - like a spinach and mushroom lasagne, and some herbed chicken drumsticks. 

In the next few weeks, my spring onion and cos lettuce will be ready to harvest from my veggie patch, so that will help extend the food budget. I also planted some more seedlings - lettuce, snow peas, spring onion and beetroot.

I'll have to do a post soon about my veggie garden - it's a work in progress, but it's my pride and joy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment