Practically Green, week 2

So, I think a catch-up is in order to see what I accomplished in week 1, and to set my new goals for week 2.

Last week I set myself the following challenges:

Sign up for green power from your utility
Watch Annie Leonard's online video, "The Story of Stuff"
Install shower timer or water-monitoring device
Switch to recycled paper tissues
Switch to a recycled plastic toothbrush (I'm actually switching to compostable toothbrushes)


I can safely say I accomplished 4 out of the 5. I watched "The Story of Stuff", and also "The Story of Cosmetics", I signed up for 50% green power from my utility, I bought a shower timer (actually, I swiped it from my parents' place, as they never use theirs), and I switched to compostable toothbrushes.

The only thing I failed on was switching to recycled paper tissues, because I can't find them! I'm beginning to wonder if they even exist in Australia. I will keep hunting though.

So, this week's goals are as follows:

Switch to organic chocolate
Install one low-flow faucet
Clean/mitigate any household mold
Track your trash for one week

Tune in next Monday for my results, and for next week's goals!

0 comments:

Post a Comment