Easter - why must it be so hard?

I ask the same question every year, and every year my family vetoes it - "can we not exchange presents/Easter eggs?" ... "No". I don't mind buying presents or eggs for everyone else, I just don't want to receive them!

This year, I aimed to buy everyone fair trade, organic chocolate eggs without plastic packaging, but apparently that was too much to ask for. I couldn't find any eggs that ticked all three boxes - fair trade in plastic, yes. Organic in plastic, yes. But hardly any eggs with plastic-free packaging.

I ended up settling for Lindt bunnies for everybody - they came without plastic packaging, and my trusty little Ethical Shopper iPhone app told me I can trust Lindt. Next year I aim to buy organic chockie eggs online - have people in the States found green Easter eggs easier to source than I have?

(image from ask.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment